1. Our tour for the Capitol was to start at 9:50. We were early so we got to go on the 8:50 Capitol Tour.
2. We then walked over to the Hart Building to get passes from Senator Sherrod Brown's office to tour the House and Senate floor.
3. While getting our tickets I asked if we could get in on the Senate Finance Committee meeting. YES. There were three seats left. The meeting was in progress. In the same building - on the second floor. Exciting!!!
4. We got into our seats just in time to hear Senator Rockefeller review his mark up for the public option for health care reform. It was like I stepped into C Span at the perfect moment. (unfortunately it didn't pass.)
5. Our luck continued as we heard Senator McCain speak on floor (didn't vote for him) and Senator Brown introduce their bills/agruments etc. Our political timing was perfect all day. Spent a little more time in the Capitol area then headed for the National Mall.
We just had to see the Dino Display for Joey. Took lots of pics to share with him. Also had to get Amelia something about the Sea. Still blogging from my IPhone. Sitting in Union Station waiting for our train to Connellsvillle PA.